Hello!! Happy New Year!! Normal I don’t usually do New Year’s Resolutions because I know I will give up halfway through (probably won’t even start it). But this year I really want to do it because 2014 was amazing! I met so many new people, did so many things, I also managed to cross off a few things from my bucket list. So I want to make 2015 a much better year and I want to start it on a positive note,
So here are my New Year’s Resolutions:
- Write a blog post at least once a week.
- Learn two languages by the end of the year (Spanish and French)
- Meet at 5 new people and keep in contact with them
- Attend Comic Con
- Cross off more things from my bucket list
I tried keeping the list as short as possible. Anyway hopefully I’ll be able to keep up with the resolutions. Till next week bye!!! 😀
I opened the door to enter my room. But the door didn’t lead to my room. It was the same place and same surrounding but it was empty
I wonder what kind of theories The Thinker came up with
Hello!!!! I know I haven’t posted for a long time and I didn’t have any interesting to post. So anyway I previously mentioned on my Bizarre Birthday Theories about the fact that our reality is just a figment of our imagination. Apparently there is an actual theory suggesting it called Solipsism! Just when I thought of something cool someone else has already thought of it. Anyway it is such a cool theory! I kind of believe it now!
So this blog is about the various theories people have come up to explain some stuff. The theories presented are the lesser known ones. I won’t be mentioning the 13th level theory nor the-brain-in-a-vat (more popular known as the Matrix theory) or the Multiverse theory.
A unnamed theory suggested up Plato and further developed up unknown people, is that we are merely shadows of a ‘perfect’ world. And just like us our shadows (the black thing following you in the sun) have a parallel world where they interact. This leads to the never ending line of parallel universes. The theory further goes on to explain that when we sleep our subconscious mind connects with the perfect world and that’s what are dreams are.
Next up is Presentism. Like the name, this theory is super weird. Basically it says that the past nor the future exist. Just the present. So basically anything you did ceased to exist after you do it. It is mind-fucking! Thinking about it makes your head feel weird. And just to mess with your head more, here are the words of the great scholar of Buddhism, Fyodor Shcherbatskoy: “Everything past is unreal, everything future is unreal, everything imagined, absent, mental . . . is unreal. . . . Ultimately real is only the present moment of physical efficiency.”
The last one on this blog is Phenomenalism. According to the Phenomenalists (they are so original), the world exist so long as you perceive it. That means that this blog that you are reading exists so long as you believe it does. So it means Phenomenalists exist so long as you think they do. Do you think they exist?
If you have any more crazy ideas about life, universe and everything please comment below! Till then adios!!!
Sorry I have been MIA for so long. I actually had some work!! I was busy doing things. 😀 So now that I’m back to my jobless self, I thought I’ll make a short list of my own. What inspired me to write is list is unknown but I was just thinking of things and thought what if I died tomorrow. I want to have an epic funeral! It has to be super awesome. So this week I decided to post the To-Do list for my funeral.
The Songs to Be Played:
- Eric Clapton – Circus Left Town. This is a rare sad song by Eric Clapton. It is so beautiful and sad.
- Westlife – Seasons in the Sun. I knew this song was going to be played at my funeral in 7th grade. (Yeah that was the ‘emo’ period.)
- Westlife – Uptown Girl. I know this isn’t a funeral song but it was my favorite song going up. I love this song so much!
- Guns N Roses – Sweet Child of Mine.
- Led Zepplin – Kashmir. The song has an epic opening!
- Pink Floyd – Shine On You Crazy Diamonds.
“Now there’s a look in your eyes
Like black holes in the sky”
It’s perfect for my dead body. I have black eyes! 😀
- Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here.
- Led Zepplin – Stairway to Heaven.
- Eric Clapton – Tears in Heaven. Now that everyone is kind of happy that I’m dead (thanks to my epic funeral mix), they will all hope I’m going to heaven. But……
- AC/DC – Highway to Hell. This song is gonna be my way of saying “Suck it bitches! I’m on my way to hell!!!”
And finally everyone will leave the funeral with the epic song…
- Jimi Hendrix – Star-Spangled Banner. I am not American but this song has one of the best guitar solos ever!!!
So that’s the songs that are gonna be played. I bet people will come to my funeral just for the songs!! Other songs that are going to be played in the middle are: Still Alive – Portal, Re Your Brains – Jonathan Coultran, Cocaine – Eric Clapton, Bell Bottom Blues – Eric Clapton, Money – Pink Floyd, Another Brick In The Wall – Pink Floyd….ok I should stop now or I never will
Day 16 – 10 Places You Want to Go
I love traveling! I haven’t been to a lot of places. There are so many places I want to go. Maybe one day, when I get rich and I can retire early say maybe at the age of 40 (if I’m not dead already), I’ll definitely go on a world tour but first I would complete this list whether I’m rich or not.
- Spain. I have to go to Barcelona and watch a FCB match at Camp Nou. I want to walk along the Spanish streets listening to locals play the Spanish guitar and relax in the warm sunshine. Not to mention, pretend I can dance and do some weird Spanish moves! 😛 Obviously I will be listening to the song Barcelona by Giulia y los Tellarini. (I love that song!)
- Paris – France. Paris is beautiful! The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre museum and the food. I will go crazy in Paris.
- Machu Picchu – Peru. Actually the entire S. American region is my wish! Being a fan of ancient history and the ancient astronaut theory, I have read about these places ever since I was small. And plus it’s a breathtaking view from up there.
- Italy. Sicily, the birth place of the Italian mafia! And Rome with the Colosseum! I can’t really list the things I want to see in Italy ‘cause that itself will be another list :P.
- S. Korea – I love Korean stuff! K-comedy movies, k-pop, mangwas etc! How can I not visit this country?
- Japan – I am guilty of loving anime and mangas! I love J-horror and J-rock! I love everything about Japanese cuisine and cosplay! OK I should stop now.
- Petra – Jordan. It’s an architectural beauty. Both my parents are architects, so yeah I grew up with a eye for architecture.
- Greece. Mainly because of the food. And the blue Mediterranean!
- Ruins of Mohenjadro – Pakistan/ India.
- SPACE!!!!! Who hasn’t dreamed about going to space! I would love to go to space and see the earth for all its beauty!
Special Mentions: All the 7 wonders of the world. Europe (Amsterdam in particular :P) and Mt. Everest.
So Day 10 is supposed to be your bucket list, which I have already done so I’m skipping it.
Day 11 – 4 Things You Wish Never Happened In History
There are various focal points in history and if one were to change it, life as we know it would not be the same. I wouldn’t want to change history because it could in a different me and I don’t want that. But there are I guess a few things in history I would like to change just to see the outcome. Maybe go to another parallel dimension and check it out.
- Hitler wins the WWII. Things would be very different if Hitler had actually won the World War. There would be no Space Race, no Cold War, no probably not much of democracy either. Our advances in technology wouldn’t be that much but you never know. I mean nuclear power would be there. And we would have better German cars. So can’t really tell.
- Indus Valley Civilization Doesn’t Wipe Out. One of the most advanced ancient civilizations. Some speculate that this civilization knew nuclear fission and were like modern times in the medical fields. It is amazing what this civilization had accomplished before being wipe out. Archeologists don’t know what happened to them but imagine if the information they had wasn’t lost in time, we would be making flying cars and robots like in I-Robot by now.
- The Library of Alexandria Didn’t Burn Down. This ancient library had every document every to be written till that time. It even had an automatic door! The library was open to all scholars and scholars believed in the library so much that they used to keep their original writings there and take copies home instead. Unfortunately in a tragic accident the library caught fire and burned down. A real loss in ancient information.
- Ancient Chinese Dynasties Didn’t Burn the Previous King’s Documents. A very weird thing the ancient Chinese people did was burn all the king’s documents when the king died. Apparently, it was bad omen to keep a dead person’s things. Even if they were world changing documents like an accurate map of the world. The first global map was made by the Chinese in 1421. The then Chinese king sent 5 ships in 5 directions to sail across the globe and draw and accurate map of the world. Unfortunately, the king died before the ships made it back and when the ships returned 2 years later, all their hard work was burnt except a few documents held by the sailors. Thank goodness for those sailors. But the world could be really different if we had those maps.
I am a history person. I don’t like modern history as much as I like ancient history. Anyway share you views and have a beautiful day! Adios 😀